Basics in Flow Cytometry
We are excited to invite you to our upcoming "Basics in Flow Cytometry"-Training at OLS OMNI Life Science. The program will cover a range of topics, including instrument setup, sample preparation, data acquisition and analysis, as well as troubleshooting. Whether you are new to flow cytometry or are looking to refresh your skills, this training program is the perfect opportunity to enhance your knowledge and improve your research capabilities.
Topics of the Course
- Technical basics of Flow Cytometry: Structure and operation of the device
- Optical components and detectors: Laser, filters, and photomultiplier
- Fluorescence and scatter measurements: What is measured?
- Spillover - Spectral overlap
- Compensation: What is compensation and why is it important?
- Data analysis: Visualization and gating
- Creating compensation controls and adjusting compensation matrices
- Experiment design: What to consider when planning an experiment?
- Controls: How are positive and negative controls used?
- What controls are there? Isotype controls, FMO controls.
- Phenotyping: Identification of cell types based on surface markers
- Microvesicles: What are they and how are they analyzed?
- Apoptosis: How is cell death analyzed using Flow Cytometry?
- Technical features of the NovoCyte Quanteon
- Instrument QC and Troubleshooting
- PBMC Staining
- Bacteria Staining
This course targets people working in a laboratory who are currently not working with flow cytometry. Participants of this course will be introduced or re-introduced to this topic and their knowledge of flow cytometry will be built up to a solid basis by the end. Requirement is the familiarity with conventional workflows and principles of cell culture.
Date and Pricing
Course language: English
Date: May 23 10:30 - May 24 15:30 2023
Price: 2.400 Euro ex. MwSt. (2.856 incl. MwSt.)
The course fee includes catering during the course (coffee, drinks, lunch), as well as any schooling material such as prints, as well as the participation certificate after completion.
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.